Spice Girl Emma Bunton swaps the stage for the boardroom as she looks back on five years in business
This March marks the 5th birthday of Kit & Kin, the earth-friendly baby brand with purpose! To celebrate this milestone, co-founder Emma Bunton, who has credited the brand as being one of her greatest achievements, reflects on the journey so far and celebrates some of the key accomplishments.
- Kit & Kin has developed one of the most accredited eco nappy brands on the planet: including FSC, Allergy Certified and Dermatest.
- Switched to carbon neutral production for its nappies in 2020: the nappies are also made using sustainably sourced, plant-based materials and are wrapped in 100% sustainable packaging, making them kind on baby’s skin and our planet.
- Protected thousands of acres of rainforest through its charitable foundation: Kit & Kin is the only nappy brand to purchase and protect acres of precious rainforest – for every 10 nappy subscriptions, they purchase 1 acre, helping to maintain this vital ecosystem for generations to come.
- Donated thousands of packs of nappies and wipes to baby banks across the UK: helping families in need through their support.
- Been awarded 35 industry accolades: including the Absolute Design Award and Best Babies Toiletries Collection from Junior, Loved by Parents’ Best Ethical Brand and Best Nappy Design, and The Beauty Shortlist’s Best Eco Nappy.
Speaking about five years of Kit & Kin, Emma said:
“We are very excited to celebrate five years of Kit & Kin, looking back I am incredibly proud of all we’ve achieved so far.
“From the moment I met Chris (my fellow co-founder) it was clear we shared the same goal for creating a truly ethical family brand. Now five years later it’s amazing to see Kit & Kin thriving. Knowing that so many parents are choosing our products is a wonderful feeling.”
As the world becomes more environmentally aware, parents are striving to make more sustainable choices. Thanks to its carbon neutral factory producing its iconic eco nappies, the use of sustainably sourced natural ingredients and a clear commitment to protecting the planet through its own charitable foundation, Kit & Kin is the perfect go-to for families keen to parent naturally from day one.
“I’m excited to see what the future holds for Kit & Kin – we worked out that if every one of the three billion nappies used in the UK every year was a Kit & Kin nappy, it would save more than 36,000 tonnes of carbon being released and lock in an additional 6.5million tonnes of carbon biomass through protected rainforest- now that’s a goal to aim for!”
Kit & Kin will be marking its 5th birthday with a month-long celebration throughout March, with their customers at the heart of their festivities. Customers will receive birthday presents including prizes, special offers and free gifts. Plus, Kit & Kin are inviting customers to earn double points with fun birthday themed missions in their eco parenting community the Kit & Kin Family.